The job profile of an administrative officer in insurance company is almost similar to that of a PO (officer) in govt bank.
The major differences, though can be seen in salary, responsibilities & work environment.
- Administrative officer (AO) will be assigned to specific departments like underwriting, claims, accounts, legal, marketing etc., based on requirement.
- Verify the risk proposal & perform underwriting work if required.
- Authorize claims according to the rules & regulations.
- Delegate work to assistants within the team & oversee their performance.
- Perform any other work as specified by higher officials
The above list is only a general overview of the role.Since united india insurance has insurance policies under health, motor vehicles, travel, industrial, accident, fire, marine categories, the job role will vary as per the requirements of the department.
The salary for administrative officers as mentioned in their notification is approx. Rs.48,000 /month in metropolitan cities.