What is CAPF - AC Exam?
The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) refers to the uniform nomenclature of seven security forces in India under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs. They are:
- Assam Rifles (AR),
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF),
- Border Security Force (BSF),
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF),
- National Security Guard (NSG),
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Recruitment is conducted mainly in three modes:
- Gazetted Officers: Officers in CAPFs are recruited through the Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination conducted by UPSC.
- Subordinate Officers: Sub Inspectors are recruited through competitive examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission and they are referred as DASOs (Directly Appointed Subordinate Officers).
- Constables: Constables are recruited through competitive examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
- Roles and Responsibilities
No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules.
Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants.
Here are the certain educational qualifications that the applicants must possess to be eligible for CAPF:
- As part of UPSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a government recognised university. The University should be incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India
- Other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 are also acceptable
- Those candidates, who have appeared in the qualifying examination and have yet not got their results, can also apply for CAPF Exam. But, it must be kept in mind that the admission would be provisional until the candidate produces proof of passing the examination after qualifying the entrance test of CAPF
- The candidate must have acquired a minimum age of 20 years. The upper age limit of the candidate must be 25 years. However, the upper age limit up to a maximum of five years can be relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST category
- Up to a maximum of three years for the candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes can be relaxed
- The candidate who wishes to apply for CAPF 2020 must be an Indian national. Both female and male candidates can apply for the CAPF exam. There are different medical standards set by UPSC to apply for the desired post through UPSC CAPF 2020
- The candidates who have already been once selected on the basis of the CAPF exam earlier cannot apply for the exam
- Assistant Commandant (AC) lead a company of around 150 armed personnel, which is deployed for conducting elections and maintaining normalcy, apart from the original mandates of border guarding and guarding the industrial corridors (CISF). Though CRPF is one such force which is directly involved in law and order maintenance and assisting the local administration in maintaining the local order
- The Assistant Commandant has to perform functions like planning and conduct of operations, ensuring on the job training to keep the Company in the constant state of operational preparedness for the requirement in any situation, organizing independent intelligence network for operational efficiency, ensuring efficacy and serviceability of armaments in the Company.
Important Things to Know:
- CAPF Exam Highlights
- CAPF Important Dates 2020
|Exam||Central Armed Police Forces Examination|
|Conducted By||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Post||Assistant Commandant|
|Number of Vacancies||Approximately 400|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Age Limit||20-25 years|
|Application fee||INR 200|
|Gender||Male and female are eligible|
|Selection Procedure||Written, physical test and interview|
|Number of Applications||Approximately 3 lakh|
|E-Admit card||3 weeks before the exam|
|Withdrawal of Application||Yes|
|CAPF Important Dates 2020|
|CAPF AC Notification||22-Apr-20|
|Online applications starting date||22-Apr-20|
|Last date to apply||12-May-20|
|CAPF AC exam date||9-Aug-20|
|CAPF AC result||Sep-20|
|S No||Security Forces||Vacancies|
|1||Border Security Force (BSF)||100|
|2||Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)||108|
|3||Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||28|
|4||Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)||21|
|5||Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)||66|