- Reviews (0)
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is a recruitment body that was started with an aim to encourage the recruitment and placement of young graduates in public sector banks in India. It also provides standardized systems for assessment and result processing services to organizations.
The full form of IBPS PO is Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officer. IBPS PO exam is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) to recruit PO for 11 public sector banks in India.
IBPS PO Eligibility
- Age Limit
IBPS set up the lower and upper age limit for the IBPS PO exam which is 20 years and 30 years respectively. However, age relaxation is provided to candidates belonging to reservation categories. It must be noted that the candidate must have been born on or later than August 02, 1991, and on or earlier than August 1, 2001.
- Nationality Criteria
Candidates who possess the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- A Citizen of India or
- A Subject of Nepal or
- A Subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India prior to January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying exam by or before August 2022.
- The date mentioned on the mark sheet/ scorecard will be considered as the date of passing the degree.
- The document proving the fulfillment of the educational qualification requirement has to be submitted at the time of the interview round.
- In case, candidate’s result is posted on the website of the University and the web-based certificate is issued, then a proper original certificate (signed by the appropriate authority of the University) indicating the date of passing the degree will be reckoned at the time of verification.
- Candidates have to specify the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application.
- Candidates who are awarded CGPA / OGPA have to convert the same into percentage and mention it in the online application.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semesters/years by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects multiplied by 100.
- It will be applicable for those Universities as well where Class/ Grade is decided based on Honours marks only.
- The fraction of percentage arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
The IBPS PO preliminary examination will be conducted online and candidates are allocated a total duration of 1 hour to complete the preliminary exam. It consists of 3 sections with a total of 100 questions and a maximum score of 100 marks. There is negative marking in IBPS PO preliminary exam and 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer attempted by a candidate. It is necessary to clear the cut-off in all 3 sections to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam.
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|S. No.||Name of test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Medium of Examination||Time Allotted|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||English only||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|4||General, Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.