- Reviews (0)
UPSC examination, it is conducted in three phases – a preliminary examination consisting of two objective-type papers (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II also popularly known as Civil Service Aptitude Test or CSAT), and a main examination consisting of nine papers.
UPSC Mains Eligibility Criteria
UPSC Exam Age Limit: Candidate must be a minimum of 21 years of age and must not be more than 32 years of age.
Category wise UPSC age limit, relaxation and maximum attempts-
- General Category & EWS: 32 years; 6 attempts.
- OBC (with certificate): 32 years + 3 years; 9 attempts.
- SC/ST: 32 years + 5 years; unlimited attempts.
- Physically Disabled: 32 years + 10 years; Gen/OBC/Person with Benchmark Disability(EWS category)- 9 attempts & SC/ST unlimited attempts.
- Jammu & Kashmir Domicile: 32 years + 5 years + (3 years, if OBC OR 5 Years, if SC/ST); Number of attempts depends on the reserved category.
- Disabled and discharged Defence service personnel: 32 years + 3 years + (3 years, if Gen/OBC OR 5 years, if SC/ST)
- Ex-Servicemen Commission Officer: 32 years + 5 years + (3 years, if OBC OR 5 Years, if SC/ST)
UPSC Mains Exam Pattern
|Name of the Paper||No of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted||Nature of Exam|
|Paper I: General Studies (Objective-type)||100||200||2 hours||The score will be considered for Cut-off|
|Paper-II: General Studies-II (CSAT) (Objective-Type)||80||200||2 hours||Qualifying Nature- Candidates will have to score 33% to qualify CSAT.|
In reference to the UPSC Exam Pattern, the following points should be kept in mind while appearing for IAS Exam :
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to appear for both the exams viz General Studies and CSAT to qualify for the Mains.
- The score obtained in the Prelims will not be added to the final score. UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 will be just for screening purposes.
- The question paper of Prelims will be bilingual. It will have questions written both in Hindi and English Language.
- There is a negative marking of 1/3rd for every incorrect answer in both papers.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.